Product Designer (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
Shippo is looking for a Product Designer to work closely with product and engineering teams to create intuitive, design-driven product experiences. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to own projects end-to-end and help shape the UX of a complex and rewarding solution, shipping, in one of the fastest growing markets, e-commerce. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the product design process, from wireframes and user research through visual design and prototyping. You’ll be a key contributor to the product development process, working with teams and stakeholders to deliver high-impact features to our customers.
- Partner with teams of product managers, engineers, and project stakeholders to define, craft, and implement innovative product concepts.
- Guide collaborative design sessions to define the user experience and contribute to information architecture
- Turn concepts into user flows, journey maps, and wireframes to create innovative UX for our products.
- Craft UI that incorporates exceptional visual design principles and aesthetics.
- Independently conduct (or collaborate on) user research, including usability tests, user interviews, and usage data/analytics.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer needs
- You have a solid product design portfolio showing UX and visual design capabilities.
- Relevant bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) 3+ years of hands-on user experience design.
- Ability to understand the needs of our customers and advocate for those needs on a daily basis.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively on a remote basis.
- Willingness to work hard and get your hands dirty with detail-oriented tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPositive attitude, self-driven, collaborative, motivated, and resourceful.
- Experience creating complex user flows, detailed wireframes, and production level UI.
- Experience implementing a design system.
- Experience integrating qualitative and quantitative data into projects.
- Experience using industry-standard software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC)Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Deep understanding of business requirements and technical constraints
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering shipping for e-commerce merchants to help deliver the experiences today's consumers expect.