Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Anti Abuse) (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Anti-Abuse)
San Francisco, CA or Remote
We’re looking for a Protector of the Realm whose responsibility is to defend our users from all manner of unwanted content and behavior. As an Anti-Abuse engineer, you will equip the Trust & Safety team with fully featured tools to keep Discord a safe place for all of our users. Come join the Anti-Abuse team where you will build new systems to stay two steps ahead of the baddies on Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate closely with our Trust & Safety team, identify bottlenecks in their workflow and implement elegant solutions.
- Build UI's in React and new APIs in Python to allow us to identify and take action against abuse.
- Move quickly to respond to the evolving landscape of abuse on Discord.
- Take our internal web tools to the next level by building an internal tools platform that other product teams can leverage.
What you should have
- 4+ years experience writing Python.
- Experience with modern React and Typescript.
- Experience with databases like Cassandra or Postgres.
- Ability to context switch at a moment's notice.
- Prior experience working in the Anti-Abuse domain.
- Experience with data warehouses like Druid, BigQuery, and Redshift.
- Deep knowledge of frontend tooling like Webpack and Babel.
- You have a strong moral compass that navigates and motivates you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your place to talk. Discord is a voice, video and text communication service to talk and hang out with your friends and communities.