Senior Data Scientist (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Discord is looking for experienced and passionate data scientists to join our team! As a member of the Data Science & Analytics team, you'll help Discord achieve tis mission of providing people with belonging in online communities, by collaborating directly with teams who design, build, and support Discord. If you're passionate about data, impact, and working on an amazing team, read on!
- Analyze data, build models, and apply advanced statistical techniques to provide a deeper understanding of our product, users, and communities
- Apply your rich array of data science skills to support company initiatives from end-to-end machine learning, forecast, anomaly detection, causal inference, and experimentation
- Ideate and partner directly with product, engineering, and business teams to improve decision-making and drive impact
You have (you don't need all of these to apply!):
- 4+ years of industry experience autonomously translating ambiguous business problems into data-driven solutions using predictive modeling
- 2+ years of experience in the design and analysis of A/B tests in a fast-paced environment at scale
- Deep technical expertise in machine learning fundamentals, applied machine learning, and statistical modeling
- 3+ years of experience writing excellent Python or R
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to deliver complicated findings and explain technical approaches to a variety of audiences
- A desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care deeply about solving challenging problems to improve Discord
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Experience with social media or international subscription-based online services, including familiarity with concepts such as social graphs, LTV modeling, user segmentation, etc
- Experience using a BI visualization tool like Tableau or Looker to surface model results, monitor performance, etc
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your place to talk. Discord is a voice, video and text communication service to talk and hang out with your friends and communities.