Data Science Manager, Marketing (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Data Science Manager - Marketing
San Francisco, CA or Remote
People love Discord because it connects them with people they care about - friends, family, and communities with common interests. Our Marketing team empowers people to communicate, build genuine relationships, and have fun hanging out through improving the perception of our brand, advocating for our customers, and increasing awareness of all things Discord.
Discord is looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven manager to lead our Marketing Data Science & Analytics team. In this role, you will lead a world-class team that partners directly with our Marketing department, understanding the space deeply and improving or decision through improve metrics, hands-on analysis, novel modeling, and information-rich reports. As the head of the team, reporting into our Head of Data Science & Analytics, you will have significant leadership and influence on the evolution of Discord's Data organization.
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and business teams to understand feature adoption, proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and build robust scalable tools to empower decision-making at all levels of the company
- Create novel and interpretable metrics to provide insight into the health of the Discord app and use analytics, modeling, and experimentation to understand their impact on business goals
- Transform data into information - establish hypotheses, dig deep, and seek to understand root causes - to improve the effectiveness of our marketing efforts
- Own the vision and roadmap for the Marketing Data Science & Analytics team
- Build and mentor a world-class analytics team, expanding the impact of data at Discord
- In partnership with our Data leaders, inform architectural decisions, establish best practices, develop lean scalable processes, and contribute to the overall direction of the Data organization at Discord!
You Have (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!):
- 2+ years of leadership experience as a people manager, leading a team of 3+ data scientists and/or analysts. Ideally, your team would have had technical expertise covering at least two of the following: BI analytics, machine learning, and A/B experimentation.
- Excellent skills in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, with an ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- 4+ years of industry experience in applying machine learning and/or analytics techniques to answer vague and challenging business problems
- Proficient in Python/R or SQL (any dialect) for hands-on modeling and/or analysis
- A collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- Hands-on experience with analysis and modeling for multi-marketing marketing, including campaign attribution, customer segmentation, LTV. Bonus points for experience in marketing for social media!
- Familiarity with A/B testing principles
- Experience with very large data sets and distributed computing
- Familiarity with Airflow, GCP, BigQuery
- Experience partnering with business teams in a data-driven culture
- Passion for Discord or online communities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your place to talk. Discord is a voice, video and text communication service to talk and hang out with your friends and communities.