Technical Support Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Technical Support Lead
San Francisco, CA
We're a group of Customer Experience mages here at Discord, and we're looking for someone who is equally passionate about supporting others with that extra bit of care and problem solving magic! You will need to have angelic levels of empathy and unwavering patience as you troubleshoot diabolical technical issues. This includes helping our developers to integrate our SDK, troubleshoot API issues, debug bot errors, and much more.
As a member of our team, you will directly support our communities and developers, listen to their feedback, and share these insights with other teams to help make the Discord experience the best that it can be. If you're looking for a supportive support team, join us!
What you'll be doing
- Identify emerging issues, and communicate and collaborate with partners to promote efficiency and improve our customer experience.
- Build and maintain internal relationships to help identify and resolve issues quickly
- Provide daily technical support to users and developers
- Translate technical speak and troubleshooting steps that even my grandmother could understand
- Mentor, lead, and train team members to grow technical support operations
- Drive department's operational strategy and focus to support company goals
- Manage technical documentation for both internal and external knowledge base resources
What you should have
- A cover letter (This is mandatory.) Don't skip this one!
- Passion for supporting our users and developers with unwavering patience and empathy
- Great debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative ways to solve problems
- Experience with troubleshooting API, SDK, and bot issues
- Experience hiring, coaching, and cultivating talent and individuals
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support function
- 1+ years of team lead or management experience
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing & Network related issues
- Working experience of Programming, Discord Bots, and API
- Familiarity with support ticketing applications (e.g. Zendesk)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your place to talk. Discord is a voice, video and text communication service to talk and hang out with your friends and communities.