Senior Software Engineer - Back End (Remote Glendale, CA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Beyond Limits is seeking a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This position entails working with Researchers and Scientists to build out enterprise ready software systems interfacing with cutting-edge A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) technologies and state-of-the-art ML solutions. The ideal candidate will be an expert engineer with critical problem-solving skills who is comfortable working within a fast-paced research-oriented setting. This role has exposure to many different technologies and business verticals, creating huge room for learning and professional growth.
- Lead and contribute actively to architecture & design decisions.
- Participate in implementation discussions with all stakeholders.
- Design & implement robust, scalable, high performance and low latency RESTful APIs.
- Design & implement scalable microservices using container technologies.
- Evaluate and improve existing algorithms developed by our scientists for production deployment.
- Automate project builds and monitor application logs to ensure stable consistent deployments.
- Mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews and document design decisions.
- Write clean testable code.
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, strong fundamentals in computer science with experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to cloud-centric architecture and event-driven design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Strong knowledge of the following programming languages: Scala, Java, Python.
- Have the willingness and ability to learn new programming languages, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Can work independently on a project, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing RESTful web APIs.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Aurora.
- Familiarity with the ELK stack for application logging; Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and Filebeat.
- Familiarity with Cloud based Block Storage like AWS S3 and Azure Blob Storage.
- Familiarity with Graph databases like Neo4j.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and Cassandra.
- Familiarity and/or hands on experience with Machine Learning tools like PyTorch, TensorFlow and Keras.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, all positions at Beyond Limits are currently remote. However, once our offices are fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Glendale, CA.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The only #Artificialintelligence company transforming proven #technologies from #Caltech & #NASA's #JPL into advanced #AI solutions for companies, her...