Senior Software Engineer, Revenue
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Revenue team is responsible for ensuring that Sentry has the financial system that enables rapid growth of our self serve and enterprise customers. We ensure that our billing system that encompasses subscription plans, invoicing, provisioning and more is rock solid and accurate. We also own the user experience for checkout flow which includes providing easy upgrade paths for our customers to take advantage of more Sentry product features to help write better software faster.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Revenue team, you will lead and own the technical roadmap of our billing system, work with the Product Manager on the customer checkout experience and work with the Finance, Sales and Data team to create and maintain business workflows, internal tools and accurate reporting of the revenue.
In this role you will:
- Lead large complex projects and architectural decisions to balance the business and product needs with the engineering needs.
- Own the end-to-end development, testing, and monitoring strategy for our complex billing system.
- Guide the team on how to tackle big challenging problems, write high quality and maintainable code and mentor on best practices.
You'll love this job if you:
- Are a business focused engineer who likes understanding how financial aspects of a company works.
- Like to come up with engineering solutions to big and complex business problems.
- Understand the difference between fixed and floating point math.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Experience in working in both the frontend and backend (we use React, Typescript, Python and Django)
- Experience in building large scale database-backed web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sentry's platform helps developers diagnose, fix, and optimize the performance of their code. Looking for support? Mosey on over to http://sentry.io/s...