Senior Brand Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 68,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we’re building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly improve things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
Sentry is a company with a healthy appreciation for design, art, and whimsical mischief. In a sea of rote calls-to-action and email-gated webinars, the Sentry Creative team strives to perfect the visual equivalent of puns and hit those Q4 KPIs and OKRs, to get those MQLs so they can’t tell us that FUN doesn’t sell. Our team handles design and development for all mediums that are not product design — including things like printing ketchup on hotdogs with robots.
Sentry is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join our small, scrappy, and salty team to bring visual excellence to all of our non-web media. This role reports to the Creative Director, within the Creative team, as part of Design.
In this role you will:
- Provide design for all manner of mediums, including print and PDF collateral, presentation decks, swag, animation keyframes, create diagrams, etc. This generally excludes web design, though occasional opportunities exist.
- Collaborate with our on-staff illustrators to produce illustration-driven brand material (illustration experience is not required).
- Work with the Adobe Suit of products, create Figma and Google product templates to allow contributors to produce assets, and create brand styles in obscure tools used by other teams.
- Manage asset production, optimization, and handle screenshot cleanup and stylization.
- Handle image editing (and optionally photography) for swag and physical goods we produce.
You'll love this job if you:
- Are the kind of designer that will find a way to do anything with enough time and money.
- Enjoy an ever changing array of projects and problems to solve.
- Will create great design, regardless of the tool or medium used to do it.
- Want to work on a creative team, with a creative manager, that does not report to Marketing.
- You don’t consider yourself a product designer.
- Understand that you aren’t changing the world — you're creating SaaS marketing and want to have fun with it.
- You must provide a portfolio to be considered. Progress bars indicating skills will earn a skeptical glance.
- Located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- 7+ years visual design experience.
- You take design fundamentals for granted, because duh.
- Experience working with high-visibility and highly-illustrated brand styles.
- Code experience is not required, but technical aptitude is preferred for tasks like manipulating the Chrome inspector to produce screenshots.
You will work on the team that has
- Created the first corporate holiday that wasn't bad (probably).
- Communicated our product by destroying phones.
- Put bird poop within the first 200px of a corporate landing page.
- Increased mindshare regarding our swag amongst TSA agents.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Sentry's platform helps developers diagnose, fix, and optimize the performance of their code. Looking for support? Mosey on over to http://sentry.io/s...