Data Analyst (Remote San Francisco, CA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Benchling is building an Internal Data and Analytics team, which will be focused on establishing the necessary data infrastructure and systems to enable all of our business units to answer key questions and make strategic decisions. If you have a passion for investigating what makes a growing business tick, and if you imagine yourself exploring data from systems across an entire company to dig up answers to these questions, we want to meet you.
You will establish key metrics for many stakeholders within the company, including Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, and identify opportunities for data to guide critical strategic product and business decisions. In addition, you will be one of the first people at Benchling building the next generation of our data infrastructure, which will be used not only by the data practitioners on our team, but by the rest of the company as well.
As one of Benchling’s first data analysts, you’ll be joining a rapidly growing, world-class engineering and product team and form the foundation of our data organization. You will help to build the next generation of our data infrastructure and enable the company to answer key questions and make better decisions. Benchling is growing really quickly, and you’ll be setting the bar for high quality data and a metrics-driven culture as we scale.
YOU MIGHT WORK ON
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across all of Benchling to develop a strategy around our data platform and to establish best practices for a metrics-driven culture.
- Build dashboards / reports and empower the business to answer key questions across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Recruiting, Product, and Engineering.
- Prioritize between multiple planned analytics projects and ad-hoc data requests for our internal stakeholders
- Define and design data pipelines and data integrations to collect, clean, and store large scale, cross-functional datasets.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years experience, not counting academic experience, on data science or data analytics teams, especially on data teams focused on internal operations
- Experience with querying and exploring data stored in MPPs (Redshift, Snowflake, Hive/Presto, or similar technologies)
- Demonstrable fluency with SQL (primarily PostgreSQL)
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, or similar)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, or similar tools
- Strong communicator with both words and data - you understand what it takes to go from raw data to something a human understand
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing life to life science. Join over 270,000 scientists, research managers, and executives on Benchling. Academics join for free!