Customer Success Specialist, New Grads - 2020&2021 (Remote San Francisco, CA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Benchling is building a world-class Customer Experience organization to drive the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. The Customer Success Specialist plays a key role on the team supporting both our Customer Success and Implementation teams, as well as directly supporting our customers as they leverage Benchling to transform how their research teams work together.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our products, our customers, their science, and their R&D processes. You will leverage this knowledge to build and nurture relationships with our users, and ensure they get the most out of their Benchling investments.
You will be the first line contact to inbound product questions and issues from our academic and enterprise users, and work with teams throughout Benchling to ensure they are followed through to resolution. Your work will vary from day to day from interfacing via chat or email with a user to solve a problem, to going onsite with the Implementation Team to support testing, to working with the Training team to develop new materials, to updating FAQs and working with the Product Marketing team as we roll out new features.
If you are passionate about Life Sciences, looking for an opportunity to join a cutting edge software company who is enabling transformational changes in R&D processes, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do what ever it takes to make our customers and users successful, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop deep knowledge of our products and our customers, including industry segments, the types of research they perform, and how their science is performed in Benchling
- Be the first line contact for customer questions and issues, work with the appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, product management, customer success), to solve problems and manage them through to resolution
- Provide strong written documentation for a variety of user communications including direct user questions, internal research, FAQ/knowledge content, and others
- Partner with our Training team to develop and optimize training programs including web-based and video collateral
- Support the Customer Success and Professional Services teams in a wide variety of user facing activities
- Pursing or recently attained a BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required.
- Prior experience in a lab or research setting is highly recommended. You must be able to quickly understand complicated scientific concepts and empathize with scientists.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics, to industry scientists, to project leads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience developing various forms of content and presentations.
- You must be a self-starter who is autonomous and proactive, with the ability to be successful in a fast paced startup environment with sometimes ambiguous situations.
- You must be curious, creative, and tenacious. You will be an advocate for customers, and must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard and sometimes unglamorous work required to make them successful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing life to life science. Join over 270,000 scientists, research managers, and executives on Benchling. Academics join for free!