Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Enterprise Mobility
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Senior Software engineer to join a new initiative, which is part of the Connected Driver product group. In this role, you will help define the architecture and implementation of our brand new full stack product and shape the future of Samsara’s mobile device ecosystem by implementing our first set of native Android features. This position can be fully remote or office-based.
This team is responsible for building new features that enable our customers across all industries to easily manage their mobile devices and apps, along with integrating with existing Samsara features to create novel Android integrations to optimize the safety and efficiency of employees. Long term, the team’s north star is to create a native mobile platform that can integrate with Samsara’s existing hardware products across our whole Connected Operations Platform (Fleet Management, Connected Sites, and more).
This team is also responsible for building a world class native Android Software Development Kit (SDK) to enable customers to directly access and integrate data from Samsara into their homegrown apps. This SDK will integrate directly with Samsara’s hardware products and distributed backend systems, providing real-time data streaming for customers to build integrations and apps that are optimized for their ecosystem.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, implement, and maintain systems that enable our customers to manage Android devices throughout their operations.
- Build and iterate on new Android applications that integrate with existing Samsara hardware to optimize the safety and efficiency of drivers and employees.
- Collaborate with outside stakeholders to build a robust SDK for use by third party clients and technology partners.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 4+ years of experience building customer-facing applications
- 1 year of professional experience working with Android applications
- Strong experience with either Kotlin and/or Java
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals
- Experience working on large-scale, distributed software applications
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with on Android launcher applications
- Experience contributing to mobile SDKs
- Enjoys understanding users and what would make their day to day processes easier
- Loves the challenge of working on mission-critical applications that operate on real-time data
- Loves shipping high-quality features that are immediately used by our customers
- Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pioneering the Connected Operations Cloud to increase the efficiency, safety & sustainability of the operations that power the global economy.