Software Engineer, Infrastructure (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma's platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for a generalist with a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals to make Figma’s Infrastructure platform secure, powerful and fast. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and first-principles approach to design and build scalable Infrastructure systems and services that power Figma’s design and collaboration tool. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space. Check out this recent blog post for a deeper dive into Infra @ Figma!
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s innovative tool for design and collaboration.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Work with engineers across the company to build innovative new features that operate at scale.
- Help debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience building infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- You are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure.
- You care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- You have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
- You have excellent technical communication skills.
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A design platform for teams who build products together. Join us at Config April 21 & 22: http://config.figma.com