Software Engineer, Editor (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma's platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Figma editor is the heart and soul of our product. We’re constantly designing and building new innovative features to speed up designer workflows. The editor is built on a stack of C++/WebAssembly and TypeScript, but we don’t expect you to have prior experience in those specific languages.
The Figma editor is setting a new benchmark for what is possible to do on the web. By using the latest web APIs and a C++ code base, we are able to build a high performance graphics application that work well even with intermittent internet connectivity. Something previously thought only possible as a native application.
But we are never done and are always thinking about ways to further improve the infrastructure and performance. Figma is also the only professional design tool to support realtime collaboration, which deeply affects how we craft both UX and data models.
We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Ramp up into a high performance, interactive, and multiplayer system. Throughout your time at Figma, you’ll be learning!
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
- Build highly interactive features, optimize performance, or work with complex data models.
- Problem solve with your teammates. Almost all projects are staffed with small teams of 2-3 engineers.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Proactive communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- An interest in learning from others and digging into new challenges.
- An inclusive and collaborative attitude towards building features, solving problems, and growing teams.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A design platform for teams who build products together. Join us at Config April 21 & 22: http://config.figma.com