Software Engineer - Android (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma's platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
We’re looking for an Android engineer to join our new native apps team and build our first real mobile offering. On this team, you’ll work with others to build mobile apps that make it easy for engineers, designers and PMs to collaborate in Figma.
You’ll work closely with designers and PM’s to re-think our product so that it works seamlessly on mobile. You’ll take part in the decision of which technologies we use, and which features are most important to build first. You’ll also help set up our team processes for testing and deployment, and set the tone for mobile team culture.
The Figma engineering team is highly collaborative and most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture — you can read more about our engineering values on our blog.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with designers and PMs to re-think our web product so that it works seamlessly on mobile
- Participate in user research and testing to better understand our customers
- Share responsibility for testing, releasing, and maintaining our mobile apps
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to Figma
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of professional experience building Android applications
- Extensive understanding of mobile product development
- Working proficiency and interpersonal skills in verbal and written English
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A design platform for teams who build products together. Join us at Config April 21 & 22: http://config.figma.com