Engineering Manager - Infrastructure (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. We are building a browser-based design tool that looks and feels as good as a native application and has all the additional power and advantages that come from being built upon the web platform. If you’re looking to work at a dynamic company who is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
The Infrastructure team has a large surface area. We own all backend infrastructure components and services, data infrastructure, web platform, developer API, as well as our continuous integration and deployment pipeline. As an Engineering Manager for the Infrastructure team you’ll lead the team on three key areas: scale, performance and availability. Figma is growing rapidly and it is important for infrastructure to scale up to support this growth. We view speed as a key feature of Figma and we are constantly looking to improve user’s interaction latencies. Finally, we want Figma to always be available. Your team will directly impact the way in which millions of people design and build products across the world in companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Uber, Square and more.
Our Infrastructure team is looking for leaders in two areas:
Developer Experience - This newly developed team is responsible for building tools, processes and infrastructure to help Figma engineering iterate faster and ship high quality code. You will lead and build the team responsible for scaling and evolving Figma’s development environments, continuous integration/deployment pipeline and general frameworks used by Figma engineers on a daily basis. We are looking for engineering leaders who are passionate about solving engineering productivity challenges and have deep empathy for developer experience.
Web Platform - This team is responsible for building Infrastructure components critical to powering responsive features in Figma. Additionally, the team is responsible for driving improvements to our web architecture and access patterns to make Figma snappy for our largest enterprise customers. You will collaborate closely with product teams to drive improvements that ultimately increases the velocity of product iteration and development. We are looking for engineering leaders who are passionate about working on challenges that span from Product to Infrastructure.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage, support and grow a diverse team of engineers who design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Figma’s software development workflow.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to set strategy, priorities, and mission for the Web Platform and Developer Experience team.
- Work closely with the Figma’s engineering teams to help improve developer workflows through rapid iteration.
- Collaborate with your team to build the large-scale distributed systems that powers Figma.
- Establish trust within and across teams by creating accountability and a positive work environment in partnership with other leaders in the organization.
- Partner with Product and Design and build infrastructure that can power innovative new features for Figma.
- Grow your career in an engaged and creative engineering community that ships scalable tools and infrastructure, reporting to the Director of Infrastructure.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience managing high output engineering teams
- Experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- Experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- A desire to build an inclusive and diverse culture
- A passion and unwavering commitment to improving engineering productivity
- Experience scaling products and teams in high growth environments
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and others
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A design platform for teams who build products together. Join us at Config April 21 & 22: http://config.figma.com