Software Engineer, Product (2-6 years of experience)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. We are developing a powerful and extensible toolkit that our customers can leverage to solve a variety of different problems and workflows. It has been extremely rewarding to see the incredible things our users accomplish with Airtable. We’ve seen our most sophisticated customers use the product to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth. The complexity of these use cases requires us to be extremely thoughtful about how we design and implement new functionality in the product and make sure it’s both easy to use and comprehend for our customers and maintainable for us.
As a product engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to work with customers to understand their needs and collaborate with product management and design functions to draw the appropriate engineering tradeoffs. You will be responsible for executing on the implementation of new features that will contribute to make our toolkit even more powerful and successful.
What you'll do
- Spec and build product features that are beautiful, consistent, and fast, that encourage exploration, and that earn the trust of our customers through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions.
- Work on various layers of the stack, primarily in TypeScript, React+HTML+CSS, and also occasionally in Node, to build and maintain new and existing Airtable features.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design, develop, and manage APIs to support the features being developed.
- Partner with product managers, designers, and data scientists to understand the needs of potential users and build a product that unlocks their potential.
- Engage with internal business stakeholders for product feedback and iteration.
- Work alongside and learn from a talented group of engineers with a diverse range of experiences and backgrounds.
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of industry experience with modern full-stack web development, with particular emphasis on user facing feature development.
- You have a background in computer science or a related field.
- Have experience prototyping solutions and making iterative progress without final product or design specs.
- You believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have strong convictions, weakly held and assume validation and iteration are a given to produce the best results.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create, your way. Follow @airtablestatus for service status updates, @airtabledev for API and platform news, and visit http://support.airtable.co...