Full-Stack Engineer, Developer Effectiveness
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Airtable’s mission is to bring the power of computing and software development to everyone. One of the most rewarding parts of building a toolkit is seeing the incredible things your users create with it. We’ve seen our largest and most sophisticated customers use Airtable to run global processes across thousands of employees, coordinate precision manufacturing and 3D printing pipelines, and consolidate previously siloed mission-critical data into a single source of truth.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited about building systems to empower our fast-growing engineering team. This role will involve working on a new team focused on developer effectiveness. This team, which serves our entire engineering organization, strives to make developers at Airtable more successful by constantly improving our development tools to help us create and deliver product improvements with as little friction as possible.
What you'll do
- Own the overall development environment and toolchain, including build, code review, and CI.
- Collaborate with others to understand developer workflows and pain points, gather requirements, and take a data-driven approach to improving their overall satisfaction with development at Airtable.
- Make strategic investments to ensure our development process can scale with growth in our codebase and engineering team.
- Design new tools and shared infrastructure, optimizing for the developer experience, as well as scaling, performance, reliability, and long-term maintainability.
- Be willing to work at all levels of the stack, wherever the biggest opportunities for return on investment may be.
Who you are
- You are a seasoned developer productivity engineer or a skilled software engineering generalist with 5+ years of industry experience who is willing to learn new technologies and apply them in a fast changing environment.
- You are a full-stack engineer who has empathy for other developers, has a desire to constantly improve the codebase, and wants to enable others to do their job more effectively.
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- You have experience in areas such as CI/CD, build systems, test infrastructure, performance measurement and optimization.
- You have experience working with Typescript, or the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- You have a strong background in computer science with a degree in CS or a related field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Create, your way. Follow @airtablestatus for service status updates, @airtabledev for API and platform news, and visit http://support.airtable.co...