Software Engineer, Backend (Merchant Enablement)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Merchant Enablement team builds and maintains Client UX and APIs in Affirm’s Merchant Portal and merchant Self Service onboarding flows. The goal of the team is to reduce complexity of merchant onboarding and augment merchants’ underwriting and monitoring capabilities, as well as expand their servicing capabilities through high quality tooling and useful, delightful features. You will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to support the growth of the company by launching new products.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and tech leads to develop features to support product and commercial initiatives.
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Improve the current platform's extensibility, performance and usability to support rapid global deployment, scaling and expansion.
- Actively participate in making your team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 2+ years proven experience as a software engineer
- Ability to synthesize complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
Location - Remote US
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.