Software Engineer, Backend (Identity)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Identity Engineering team’s mission is to enable a single view of a user across our merchants, platforms, and Affirm experiences while ensuring that their account data represents a legitimate person. Do you want to help us build our next generation user identification platform that will identify hundreds of thousands of potential users a day?
Our team is growing and looking for a software engineer to help expand our products to identify more consumers with less friction. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement large scale services, elegant abstractions, and robust APIs
- Work with product and internal partners to extend our identity decisioning service
- Write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others
- Participate in our team’s on-call rotation to communicate, escalate, and fix critical issues
- Collaborate with our Compliance team to identify, remediate, and prevent issues & risk
- Participate in making our team and workplace an inclusive environment
What We Look For
- 2+ years of software engineering experience shipping production quality code
- Solid CS fundamentals and fluency in a dynamically typed language
- Prior experience building and launching complex software systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better!
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.