Offboard Infrastructure Software Engineering Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are
Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated software engineering manager and inspiring people leader to manage efforts on our offboard infrastructure teams. Autonomous driving is a data and compute-intensive problem space. While we heavily rely on both Open Source and public cloud solutions, we are also developing a wide range of internal infrastructure solutions to address our storage and computing needs. As a leader for this team, you will play a critical role in continued scaling our R&D systems and building a solid foundation for future commercial delivery operations. This requires strong people skills and technical expertise in cloud infrastructure and large-scale systems.
About the Work
- Mentor members of the team and support them in their professional development
- Set overall technical direction and oversee development for Nuro’s offboard platform
- Develop and operate reliable and cost-effective computing solutions
- Guide discussion on build vs. buy decisions and vendor evaluations
- Build a diverse, world-class engineering team
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- 5+ years of technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience in data engineering, distributed systems & cloud, or ML infrastructure
- Excellent system design skills and understanding of complex infrastructure
- Solid programming experience and software engineering skills
- You’re start-up minded: You are motivated by the opportunity to have a large impact and have demonstrated an ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic, start-up environment or you have the DNA to do so
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience in growing organizations and managing multiple teams
- Experience in managing or working closely with DevOps or SRE teams
- Experience in building infrastructure for Autonomous Driving, Robotics, or other data-intensive R&D efforts
- Proven ability to work with public cloud providers, external vendors, as well as Open Source software
- Start-up experience
- Background in data science & data engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to better everyday life through robotics.