Software Engineer, Simulation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Role
Our team is growing and we are looking for world class software engineers to build and improve simulation. Our simulator plays a key role in accelerating the development of Nuro’s autonomous driving robots. It is the primary tool for software testing, validation, and evaluation of algorithmic changes. As an engineer for simulation, you will have a chance to work on Nuro’s distributed simulation systems, and to collaborate extensively with engineers across all of Infrastructure and Autonomy. Your work will have a direct impact on Nuro’s autonomous driving stack.
About the Work
- You will build both software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulators
- You will scale up and optimize large-scale distributed simulation systems
- You will build powerful analysis framework for SW and HW feature development
- You will implement credible testing and validation systems for SW and HW releases
- You will collaborate closely with talented team members across the software org including Robotics and Infrastructure
- You have experience in one or more of the following areas: large-scale distributed systems; data storage and processing systems; 3D Graphics; robotics simulation; robotics software frameworks; high-performance computing and software performance tuning.
- You have strong problem solving and programming skills
- You are passionate about accelerating the benefits of robotics for everyday life
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Computer Science, Mathematics, or closely related field
- Strong Linux background
- Cloud computing background
- Experience in AV simulation or similar areas
- Experience in Docker & Kubernetes and large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in 3D graphics and modeling
- Experience with compute accelerators (GPU, FPGA, ASIC)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to better everyday life through robotics.