Staff Software Engineer, Autonomy Capabilities
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with team leads and engineering leadership to prioritize development roadmaps and plan future projects.
- Invent, extend, design, and develop next-generation features that expand Cruise’s operational driving domain.
- Influence cross-functional autonomy teams to build consensus on early-stage designs
- Play a key role in others’ professional development, adding value to their career via improving their technical skills.
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews.
What you must have:
- A proven record of shipping products in the real world.
- A passion to see a problem solved, regardless of the technical area or challenge where the problem lies.
- The ability to be “scrappy” - jump into any codebase and quickly understand what is going on.
- The desire to root-cause issues, no matter where your search may lead.
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer writing production-quality code in C++
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly formulate, discuss, and solve novel problems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Aerospace, Mathematics, Physics, EE, or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing safety-critical code (e.g. aerospace)
- Experience with computational geometry or linear algebra
- Experience developing elegant state machines and business logic for complex systems
- Experience developing high-quality software under significant latency and performance constraints (e.g. video games, high-frequency trading)
- Motion planning and robotics experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.