Crypto Intelligence & Strategy Lead
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
We are looking for a crypto lead to join our Intelligence and Strategy team in the US or EMEA. This is an Individual Contributor role within the AML team, reporting to the head of AML Intelligence and Strategy. This role focuses on crypto-related financial crimes intelligence analyses inclusive of AML and CTF leveraging a variety of sources including open source intelligence and large scale data analyses in support of Stripe’s growing business.
What you’ll do
- Drive complex investigations and intelligence projects related to Stripe’s cryptocurrency verticals. This includes conducting money laundering, fraud and terrorism financing investigations and writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), and drafting intelligence reports on crypto-related financial crimes trends and high impact typologies, overseeing their appropriate dissemination across the AML org
- Act as a crypto subject matter expert in cross-functional product expansion efforts, management escalations and other initiatives
- Lead the development and implementation of technology-driven solutions and enhancements to the AML program. This includes monitoring the regulatory ecosystem and identifying new and changing typologies to drive program enhancements, identifying gaps and sources of risk and translating this assessment into actionable project plans, and driving the development of policies, procedures and training related to such solutions
- Demonstrate sound judgment and an ability to navigate non-binary, high-risk decisions
- Adhere closely to process while still constantly questioning assumptions, suggesting improvements, and following up implementation of those improvements
- Effectively and clearly communicate with other Stripes, Stripe leadership, Stripe’s users, and Stripe’s financial partners.
- Have the ability to analyze large data sets and produce actionable insights and intelligence.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with crypto, including a strong understanding of blockchain technologies down to the transaction level
- Work experience with Ethereum smart contracts and Bitcoin script, ability to learn derivative blockchain technical details quickly, and a profound knowledge of the crypto industry players and their respective reputations
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in analytical and intelligence roles within financial crimes, AML, sanctions, risk, fraud, or a related field
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with blockchain analytics research, database tools, OSINT and public records
- Robust knowledge of AML transaction monitoring and transaction analysis skills
- Experience in the Fintech industry
- Experience using SQL in the work environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize projects amidst competing priorities
- ACAMS, ACAMS CGSS or ACSS Certification
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
- Foreign language fluency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building for the next era of the internet economy.