Staff Software Engineer, App Marketplace
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Stripe’s partner ecosystem is a strategic, ever-growing part of Stripe’s business, and consists of a wide array of partners from across the world delivering innovative solutions for our shared customers. The Stripe App Marketplace team is responsible for products used by app developers to publish their apps, as well as for making these apps available for installation by merchants using Stripe Dashboard. The team owns the core app store infrastructure, marketplace UI, and app publishing flows, along with the tooling and features that enable our partners to deliver high quality and healthy integrations in Stripe’s new App Marketplace. The group is tasked with providing world class developer and merchant experience-- shipping at a fast cadence while ensuring our users’ security and reliability.
What you’ll do
We own the full experience of the Marketplace product: talking to developers and merchants to understand their business models and needs, designing both backend APIs and building frontend interfaces, writing clear docs, partnering with product owners and designers to create amazing user experiences, and keeping the platform stable and observable. We’re looking for an engineer who is passionate about API design, building scalable systems, high-polish user experiences, accessibility, and frontend infrastructure. You should be excited to dig deeply into a problem domain, to take on user problems and carefully design the right solution, and build surprisingly great products rather than merely functional ones.
- Craft new products and features that enable developers around the world to contribute to our growing App Marketplace, and create a rich experience that allows Stripe merchants to explore and find a variety of 3rd-party solutions
- Identify, scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iterate and scale.
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing experiences, APIs, services, and systems.
- Coordinate with other teams at Stripe to ensure we build products that work together consistently and have shared infrastructure that enables our products and boosts our own productivity
- Help identify opportunities, determine technical feasibility, and evaluate strategic priority of new product opportunities as they arise to ensure we are maximizing our impact.
- Research the marketplace domain and business models, sometimes talking directly to our partners and merchants to figure out the right approach
- Mentor other engineers on technical decisions and product ambition
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- You have a passion for building to enable partners and customers
- You have 10+ years of software development experience, designing and engineering large-scale systems
- You take pride in and have experience with shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- You are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- You have strong attention to detail, especially around optimization, performance, accessibility, and reliability
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- You have experience working with a marketplace or similar ecosystem
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building for the next era of the internet economy.