Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Every record in our data warehouse is vitally important for the businesses that use Stripe, so we’re looking for people with a strong background in data engineering and analytics to help us scale while maintaining correct and complete data. You’ll be working with a variety of internal teams -- Engineering, Business -- to help them solve their data needs. Your work will provide teams with visibility into how Stripe’s products are being used and how we can better serve our customers.
What you’ll do
- Identify data needs for business and product teams, understand their specific requirements for metrics and analysis, and build efficient and scalable data pipelines to enable data-driven decisions across Stripe
- Design, develop, and own data pipelines and models that power internal analytics for product and business teams.
- Help the Data Science team apply and generalize statistical and econometric models on large datasets
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources, develop relationships with production engineering teams to manage our data structures as the Stripe product evolves
- Develop strong subject matter expertise and manage the SLAs for those data pipelines
Who you are
We are looking for talented engineers to help us manage business critical data leveraged across the entire organization.
- 5+ years of engineering experience and are interested in data
- Have prior experience with writing and debugging data pipelines using a distributed data framework (Hadoop/Spark/Pig etc…)
- Have an inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building for the next era of the internet economy.