Vancouver, BC, Canada Remote
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Are you an engineering leader who loves to build world-class technology teams that impact millions of consumers and businesses all over the world? Do you thrive on applying technology innovation to solve for customers’ biggest wants and needs? PayPal Checkout API Team is growing and looking for a manager to work with our Product Engineering team to deliver the next generation of digital payments. The Checkout API Team Serves $100+B in payment volumes across 200+ countries, supporting over 300 million consumers and 20 million merchants. Our Platform is a suite of SOAP, REST, and GraphQL services, which are used by internal and external developers to enable payments anytime, anywhere and anyway. The Platform processes billions of requests each month, and enables PayPal and its partners to rapidly innovate on new payment scenarios and enable new experiences. The evolution of the Platform is integral to PayPal’s successful long-term strategy. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems with strong security practices, low latency, and high availability to our business.
- You have some experience leading a team of high-performing engineers, including managing and shipping cross-functional or multi-team projects.
- You enjoy collaborating with Product Management and UX Design on the product discovery & delivery lifecycle.
- You are proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup.
- You lead through a solution-first mindset, yet exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
- You're endlessly curious about the technologies your team works with and strive to keep your technical knowledge sharp — but you also feel comfortable knowing your greatest impact won't be as a technical contributor.
- You place a tremendous value on good communication and appreciate async- and remote-friendly working practices. You know how to pick the right communication tool for the problem at hand (chat, video, email, etc.).
- You are open minded and demonstrate one team behavior across teams, orgs and locations
- You are effective in collaborating with peers both within your team and across the organization.
- Bonus: You have been an engineering manager with a fully distributed team
- 6+ years of experience in building scalable applications/products.
- BSEE, CS + 8 yrs or MS + 6 yrs or PhD + 4
- Experience in the Financial services/Banking domain is a plus.
- Experience in building enterprise application & platforms on a high throughput SaaS product
- 2+ years of managing a team of Software Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Work experience on databases (Oracle, Mysql)
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fluid, ever changing environment. Proactive in approach with a focus on driving results and outcomes with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Drive innovation and customer advocacy. Be a positive change agent with a “can-do” attitude.
- Prior success in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers and building high performing teams
- Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems.
- Skilled in providing technical leadership and architectural guidance
- Expertise in software development best practices
- Understanding of software development processes such as Agile
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.