This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why We Need You
One of the unusual things about the Glowforge architecture is that we moved many of the hard engineering problems from hardware to software and the software from device to the cloud. This means that our cloud service does the heavy lifting for features like alignment and autofocus, making what was once a tedious and error-prone process, fabulous and simple to use. It also makes it dead easy to diagram, draw, or doodle your invention and print it directly to wood, acrylic, fabric, leather, or paper. That software generates a tremendous amount of data that we use to create, improve, and polish new product experiences for our customers. Our company succeeds only through insight and vision. Our data is precious, but it’s worthless without you. You create the tools that allow us to see.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will build products that are immediately deployed to help our company better understand and serve our customers and are used to radically improve the performance of our products! That is what this team of diverse, innovative, forward-thinking developers do as they create solid and effective data pipelining, warehousing, and analytical tools.
You will work with our internal tools & data team, analyzing and developing the different data needs; having a deep impact in the way we operate our data infrastructure and data workflows. You will have a tremendous influence on the everyday productivity of other teams, as the tools and processes you will work on will profoundly improve their effectiveness.
You will partner with people across the organization to understand business needs and deploy strategic solutions to address those needs.
You need these qualifications
- You understand how data can impact every aspect of a business and are familiar with different architectures and approaches that are used to collect, transform, analyze, and synthesize data.
- You have an infectious passion for data which is proven in the tools you've built and the way you help others understand the power of data.
- You have a 4 year degree or equivalent experience and at least 3 years industry experience
It would be nice if ...
- You’re a passionate builder, crafter, or maker.
- You’ve worked in and/or understand the challenges of a start-up.
- You care deeply about customer experience and ease of use.
- You are skilled in modern web technologies, including Node.js, React, and Ruby/Rails.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're making the 3D laser printer that broke crowdfunding records. Order your Glowforge today on http://glowforge.com. We can't wait to see what you'l...