Technical Support Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company is going to succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in. While they may start frustrated or confused, you’ll leave our customers warmly supported and glowing.
When our customers encounter difficulties, whether it’s the Glowforge app, the mechanical systems of their Glowforge, the design they’re working with or the materials they’re using, you’ll help them get back on track. You’ll ask great questions, notice emerging patterns, write excellent bug reports, and figure out how to describe that really complicated thing in really simple steps so that they can get back to printing happily.
Here's what you'll be doing
Learning! You’re going to learn our hardware, software, firmware, materials and designs inside and out.
Communicating elegantly. You’ll respond to our customer’s questions about Glowforge software, hardware, and more.
Troubleshooting the tricky questions: Why isn't the customer getting the result they expect, or why won't their Glowforge connect to their WiFi network?
Partnering with senior technicians and engineers to develop solutions to unique issues. You’ll keep the customer in the loop with frequent updates about progress to solving their issue, and ensure that issues needing extra support reach the right expert(s) to resolve the issue.
Breathing. You’ll keep a positive disposition and level head even during the worst of times - like late on a holiday when a customer is rightfully upset because something is broken, and you’re the only one they have to talk to about it.
You need these qualifications
- You are located in the Seattle or Denver areas, or will be soon.
- You have a four-year degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have experience troubleshooting WiFI networks and IOT devices
- You have written bug reports in systems like JIRA, Mantis or similar
- You have used ticketing systems like Zendesk, Kustomer or similar for customer correspondence.
- You’re comfortable troubleshooting web based applications across multiple browser / OS versions and platforms (Chrome / Safari / etc, Windows, MacOS, Android, etc.)
- You’re adept at asking good questions to clearly understand customer problems and narrow down possible solutions.
- You’re an empathetic listener and passionate advocate for your customers.
It would be nice if...
- You have 2+ years of experience providing remote technical support. Experience providing support via email, chat or community forum preferred.
- You have experience working from home with geographically distributed teams
- You have worked with 3D printers, CNC mills, laser cutter/engravers, or other fabrication technology.
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're making the 3D laser printer that broke crowdfunding records. Order your Glowforge today on http://glowforge.com. We can't wait to see what you'l...