Senior Manager, Customer Service & Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why we need you
The Customer Success team's unofficial motto is, "We have the BEST customers". They're remarkable and creative and amazing. When they experience a challenge, they come to us expecting us to make it right, and we shape not only whether or not they succeed but also how they feel about Glowforge.
Our Customers deserve the best support. If you visit our forums you will see people who are in love with this magnificent making machine and you will also see people frustrated by the support they are getting from us. We are working hard to shift that frustration to delight but cannot do it without your experience and your outstanding leadership!
Here's what you'll be doing
You’ll lead the Customer Service team as they care for customers, develop policies, write documentation and improve processes related to purchasing, shipping, account changes, warranty topics, and using Glowforge products.
You will be our Customer Experience conscience: you're insightful and intuitive and you will get to know our customers -- you'll know with clarity and detail what drives happiness and dissatisfaction.
Drive strategy, vision, innovation & implementation: As we move into a future of support excellence, international expansion, elegant self-service, and expanded community support, we'll also be developing our operational capacity and our people. You will lead crucial initiatives and you'll bring your insight and ideas to advise others, too.
Manage People: You’ll lead and mentor a caring, high-capacity team as they expand their skills in serving customers and leading the projects crucial to developing our documentation, processes, policies, and systems.
Delve into Data: You'll dive curiously into our mountains of data and make sure that our actions are accurately guided by numbers and trends.
You need these qualifications
- You care about people. You have limitless patience and see people's frustration as an opportunity to help.
- You're a powerful leader of customer-facing teams with experience crafting team strategies that rigorously measure and improve performance.
- You are an experienced manager and manager of managers and your past team members are eager to work for you again.
- You are a reliable project manager with phenomenal communication skills
- You’re adept at asking questions and evaluating data to clearly understand needs and develop solutions.
- You have 10+ years of experience in customer service & leadership, plus a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if you...
- Have worked at a small company like a tech startup and are experienced at scaling teams, systems, and processes.
- Bring deep knowledge of emerging and established CX practices.
- Have experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Are personally passionate about our products.
- Love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're making the 3D laser printer that broke crowdfunding records. Order your Glowforge today on http://glowforge.com. We can't wait to see what you'l...