Senior Director of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Senior Director of Engineering at Compass, you will lead engineering teams to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with leaders and team members across product, design, marketing, business, and real estate agents throughout all stages of the technology development cycle.
An engineering leader at Compass is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire and attract key talent, your passion for customers and the impact of your work, and your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. You will be responsible for leading engineering teams to build industry-defining services and products, leveraging modern cloud technology, data and AI technologies, setting long term technical vision, and creating a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide technical leadership to build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Identify business opportunities and define technical vision for your team and the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor a team of high performing engineers
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Proven track record of building top talent and high performance teams, directing multiple teams and engineering managers
- Demonstrated experience of starting and growing teams/organizations under their direct leadership
- Examples of product collaboration, demonstrating ability to navigate through ambiguity, and successfulness with engineering operational excellence managing resources, costs, and performance
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. Go/React), distributed computing (e.g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom you’ve guided their technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world.