Front End Engineer - Design Systems
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Design System team is responsible for the quality and consistency of the whole platform’s user interface. We build and maintain a comprehensive set of components and guidelines for other teams to develop their features, both on Web, iOS, and Android. We also work on cross-cutting initiatives that span multiple apps and features, with subjects like Accessibility, Typography, and Colors.
At Compass You Will:
- Own components from concept to code — knowing nothing is ever really final.
- Build complex frontend features using React and Typescript.
- Collaborate with designers and with every team at Compass that own user interfaces.
- Document and communicate how your components behave so that designers, engineers, and product managers get the most out of our design system.
- Thrive in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems, high ownership, and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring.
- Become a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers.
What We Look For:
- Experience in fast-paced teams, with high-traffic production web applications, partaking in the full product lifecycle from ideation, release, and monitoring.
- Experience building user interfaces.
- 3+ years of experience with React, Angular, VueJS, or any other relevant frontend framework.
- 3+ years of experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with React, Typescript, and Webpack is a plus.
- An enthusiasm for Accessibility.
- A relentless desire to improve - yourself, your team, processes, user experience, tooling, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world.