Engineering Manager - Pitch
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role:
As an Engineering Manager for the Pitch team at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers real estate agents to market themselves and the properties they represent. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life and assist agents to maximize their reach and revenue. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration and facilitating continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
The Pitch team is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools, that is building an industry leading digital and interactive presentation software. We are changing the way our customers deliver their marketing pitch, tell their story about a complex real estate pricing strategy, and turn mind numbing numbers on market dynamics and forecasts into simple and beautiful visuals that everyone loves.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology and product domains
- Lead and mentor engineers and tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing and launching multiple new products, and maintaining and improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, and maintaining mobile experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications, distributed backend systems or data platforms
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams and products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world.