Back-End Software Engineer, Data Science Team (Remote Seattle, WA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Your role and impact
The data science team applies machine learning to improve the efficiency of our clinic and usability of our software for medical professionals. Our work is most impactful when we have exceptional quality in both research and engineering.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop software to automate our forecasting systems and assist in building schedules for our physicians. You’ll design and implement software across a range of disciplines, including back-end engineering, front-end engineering, AWS infrastructure and databases. You will also collaborate closely with business intelligence engineers, product managers, medical professionals, research scientists, systems engineers, user experience designers and many others.
- Product development
- Maintain high availability for web services
- Connect internal and external data sources
- Improve usability of tooling for a variety of internal customers
- Design and implement internal data science APIs
- Acceleration and throughput
- Make coding more efficient through testing and other automation processes
- Demonstrate best practices through design and code reviews
- 3+ years experience with software development in a team environment
- 1+ years experience with production web services
- Willingness to learn web front-end development and AWS, as needed
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and solve a diverse range of problems
- Skilled at communicating the right level of technical detail with PMs, doctors and the UX team
This role allows you to work from anywhere you choose across the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories), with the flexibility to work from the Seattle HQ office as often as you’d like.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...