Senior Back-End Software Engineer, Clinic Team (Remote Seattle, WA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role allows you to work from anywhere you choose across the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories), with the flexibility to work from the Seattle HQ office as often as you’d like.
About the team
The 98point6 Clinic team is focused on expanding access to healthcare by reducing the cost of delivering care while increasing the quality of care provided.
The Clinic team is working to build a platform which makes it fast, accurate, and secure for physicians to diagnose through a comprehensive patient profile and chart, and treat patients through accurate and customized care plans. In addition, the team integrates with lab and prescription partners on behalf of patients.
Your role and impact
As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer at 98point6, you'll have the opportunity to align with highly collaborative teams who are motivated and passionate about both our social and technical missions.
While partnering with engineers across disciplines, including front-end, mobile, quality, systems and data engineering, as well as data science, you’ll collaborate with diverse teams such as Product, UX Design & Research and Marketing and Clinic Operations. You’ll gain experience working with serverless components and leverage a variety of technologies across AWS, from traditional common Java technologies to Rest APIs.
- Collaborate with a product engineering team to create high-performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Participate in, as well as lead code and design reviews, ensuring the quality of both deliverables
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to prioritize and ensure we make positive trade-offs in how we deliver features
- Manage a production application that patients, doctors and clinical staff rely on
- Grow and mentor junior engineers
- Develop and improve team best practices for coding and design
- 5+ years experience designing and coding in Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, Node.js or TypeScript for production commercial services that operate on the public internet
- Knowledge and prior use of AWS services and tools, including Lambda, DynamoDB and CDK
- Experience scaling systems to a high volume of customers and end users
- A high level of ownership, flexibility and self-direction
- Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...