Software Engineer 3
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Intermediate Java Developer
Hyperwallet, A PayPal Service, has an exciting position for an Intermediate Java Developer to join our team in Vancouver.
The Java Developer can work with limited supervision from broad specifications to apply knowledge to carry out activities related to complex systems, program or process ensuring service, product, or operating standards are met.
Designs and develops key technical features, analyses, practices or methodologies in functional area that have a cross functional impact. Work is technical and complex and involves non-routine and advanced technical assignments. Exercises considerable amount of judgement and problem-solving. Outcomes are reviewed for attainment of objectives, adherence to standards, and effectiveness of results.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Designs, develops and documents new software products and features
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing
- Maintains, updates and supports existing software features and solutions
- Writes and maintains technical documentation
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team
- Obtains a strong knowledge and understanding of our software solutions
- Participates on project teams
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Provides time estimates for assigned development
- Performs other duties as required
- Mentor junior developers.
- Education: Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Experience: 3-5 years of job experience programming in Java.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Java programming language is a MUST.
- Experience developing a product in a formal Agile Scrum methodology.
- Experience developing highly scalable clustered JEE systems
- Fluent in JEE Design Patterns, designing for enterprise-grade security, concurrency and effective session management
- Experience working with large volume transaction processing.
- Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks and applications
- Developing in Unix or Linux environments
- Web Application Oracle GlassFish is an asset.
- MySQL is an asset.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is an asset.
- Experience with O/R frameworks (EJB3 in particular).
- Strong testing, configuration and deployment skills.
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English.
- Experience developing financial transaction applications is an asset.
Your application has been successfully submitted.