Senior Data Engineer (Remote Seattle, WA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role allows you to work from anywhere you choose across the U.S. (excluding U.S. territories), with the flexibility to work from the Seattle HQ office as often as you’d like.
Your role and impact
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of a team dedicated to empowering business leaders to make data-driven decisions. You will collaborate with teams across the company to discover and solve real-world problems, define metrics, and design and implement systems to analyze large amounts of data to support decision-making. You will also provide critical data and insights to our commercial customers, allowing them to see the value and benefit of 98point6 for their employees. You are a self-starter, possess a strong commitment to detail and can work in a rapidly changing environment.
Strategic projects you will work on in your first year include:
- Architecting and driving the implementation of automated daily, weekly and monthly reporting for our commercial partners
- Lead the design and implementation of a system to ingest and process streaming data for real-time or near-real-time reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to clean, organize and move data to meet machine-learning needs across a variety of business areas
- Design, architect, implement and support datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable information about our application and medical operations
- Design and implement robust, production-grade systems for data ETL in Python,Java or similar, and author SQL for reporting and data transformation
- Identify and execute on opportunities for continual improvement of processes and systems
- Develop SQL queries and/or custom analytical processing in Python for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting
- Investigate, debug and solve problems with ETL process and reports
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data and partner with other teams (product, engineering, medical, compliance, marketing and sales) to identify and implement process and system improvements
- Mentor and collaborate with a diverse group of analytics and data engineers at all levels
- 3+ years experience coding or scripting for automation in Python, Java, Kotlin, Ruby or similar object-oriented language
- 5+ years development experience with SQL for data warehousing or analytics applications, creating and managing data tables and optimizing queries
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including collaboration with all cross-functional teams (both technical and business)
- Ability to be detail-oriented and build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and agile development environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...