Engineering Manager, Visit Automation (Remote Seattle, WA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Visit Automation Squad
The Visit Automation Squad is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to promote functionality that supports our clinic by creating and improving systems that streamline our patients’ visits and enables our clinicians to treat them at a high quality. This team will develop advanced tools to enable a physician to leverage their expertise to care for many multiples of the volume of patients they see today. By increasing the effectiveness of the data we gather from patients, the Visit Automation Squad is core to our efforts to deliver high-quality care across the U.S. through our leading on-demand digital primary care service.
Your role and impact
98point6 engineering teams are chartered with ownership over a product feature area. As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to deliver on company goals through their work on the product, collaborating with a product manager to identify and prioritize the work for the team, hiring and developing talent on the team and ensuring each member of the team grows both technically and professionally. Your role includes supporting the team to deliver on new product features and improvements, as well as driving efficiency, operational excellence and quality.
- Deliver high-quality feature implementations with high-confidence delivery dates
- Recruit, manage and develop a diverse and inclusive group of engineers at all levels across web and backend services
- Develop team members in alignment with their needs and goals
- Prioritize your engineering team’s work based on business and customer needs, operational debt, bugs and risk on a bi-weekly sprint cadence
- Collaborate with product management to deliver product features
- Own the technical decisions your squad implements and coach your team through technical challenges
- Support operational excellence for your engineering team through defining and directing on KPIs
- Identify technical and process inefficiencies and drive improvements with measurable impact on engineering team and technology organization
- Lead and support project retrospectives and outage retrospectives, identifying actions to address and prioritize with appropriate alacrity based on business and customer needs
- Conduct performance reviews for members of your team
- Manage regular communication to executive leadership detailing approach and timelines
- 7+ years experience in software engineering
- 3+ years experience managing or leading an engineering team
- Experience directing a team to deliver a product
- Experience leading a team to meet quality, reliability and security requirements for their work
- Proven success building a healthy team culture
- Experience making and leading technical decisions
- Ability to work in a product-driven environment and proven success managing ambiguity
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...