Engineering Manager, Auth & Platforms (Remote Seattle)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Auth and Platforms Squad
The Auth and Platforms squad is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead and implement projects to support the other engineering squads, including our client-to-service and service-to-service authentication and deployment tools. The Auth and Platforms squad straddles both technical work and product work, building internal tools to improve development velocity for the organization, as well as delivering authentication-related projects for our flagship iOS and Android apps.
Your role and impact
As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to deliver new product features and improvements, as well as driving efficiency, operational excellence and quality. You will collaborate with product managers to support company goals, identify and prioritize the work for the team and understand and negotiate requirements from third parties and external clients. You will be responsible for hiring and developing talent on the team and ensuring each member grows both technically and professionally.
- Deliver high-quality feature implementations by leading your team and collaborating with product management
- Maintain an accurate schedule to ensure high-confidence delivery dates
- Prioritize your engineering team’s work based on business and customer needs, operational debt, bugs and risk
- Support operational excellence for your engineering team through defining and driving on KPIs
- Identify technical and process inefficiencies and drive improvements with measurable impact on the engineering team and technology organization
- Lead and support project retrospectives and outage retrospectives, identifying actions to address and prioritizing with appropriate alacrity based on business and customer needs
- Conduct performance reviews for members of your team
- Recruit, manage and develop a diverse group of engineers at all levels
- Develop team members in alignment with the needs and goals of the company
- 7+ years in software engineering
- 3+ years managing or leading a back-end engineering team
- Experience with the AWS platform
- Experience with IaC
- Experience driving a team to deliver a successful product
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to meet quality, reliability and security requirements for their work
- Proven success building a healthy team culture
- Experience guiding technical decisions
- Ability to work in a product-driven environment
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Success helping individuals grow in their careers
- Background building internal tooling or authentication for engineering teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...