Director of Engineering - Commercial (Remote Seattle, WA)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the team
The 98point6 Commercial team is focused on expanding access to healthcare by growing its patient population and use of service.
The team is working to build a platform which makes it easy and secure for partners to exchange patient eligibility data and electronic health records, as well as submit and receive claims and payments.
In addition, the team is working to increase usage by improving the member experience, expand accessibility with non-English language support and ensure that 98point6 is top-of-mind for its membership.
Your role and impact
As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading multiple engineering teams each charted with ownership over different areas of the product and/or platform. You will report to the VP Product Engineering.
Technical leadership is a primary responsibility of this role, you will establish technical direction and ensure the quality and correctness of decisions and designs.
As a leader in our fast growing organization, you will be asked to guide and mentor engineering managers as they hire and develop a talented team, deliver against product goals and relentlessly improve our engineering processes.
This role requires a strong awareness of balancing the complexities of delivering on customer expectations at a high bar, meeting demanding timelines and supporting your growing teams.
This is an opportunity to change the way primary care is delivered by increasing access while dramatically lowering costs.
- Develop an understanding of commercial partner needs
- Lead multiple engineering teams in the delivery of high-quality feature implementations with high-confidence delivery dates
- Support multiple engineering teams to prioritize work based on business and customer needs, operational debt, bugs and risk
- Lead engineering teams to establish technical direction and ensure the quality and correctness of technical decisions and design
- Guide engineering teams to pinpoint technical and process inefficiencies and drive improvements with measurable impact
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to challenges impacting engineering team performance against goals
- Build and promote a culture of operational excellence to meet a high bar for the quality and availability of applications through defining and managing to SLAs and KPIs
- Work closely with peers in Product Management to make informed trade-offs on prioritization and ensure collaboration between engineering teams and product management
- Communicate transparently and clearly to stakeholders on implementation, delivery and operational excellence
- Effectively communicate and champion business goals to engineering teams
- Manage, hire and develop a team of engineering managers and software engineers and scale for future growth
- Conduct performance reviews for team members
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- 5+ years managing or leading an engineering team
- 2+ years overseeing engineering managers at the director level
- Experience leading teams to meet quality, reliability and security requirements for their work
- Proven success building a healthy team culture across multiple teams
- Experience making and leading technical decisions and mentoring other managers in making technical decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, iterative, product-driven environment
- Experience guiding teams to deliver for multiple stakeholders across a range of disciplines
- A passion to positively impact the availability, cost and patient experience of primary healthcare.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We deliver on-demand, text-based primary care. Our board-certified physicians answer health questions, diagnose, treat and send prescriptions to your ...