Technical Product Trainer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Amperity’s Technical Product Trainer, you will be a primary driver in the enablement of employees, system integrators and customers. Your primary focus will be to deliver high-energy and customer-focused training empowering both those that implement & operate the product, as well as those that use it.
You are passionate about creating an awesome learning experience, and will use your delivery experience to assist the Training Director and Technical Writer in the development of training content for all audiences and all delivery mediums (in-person, virtual classroom and self-paced learning).
- Deliver new hire and on-going product training to Amperity staff and systems integrators
- Deliver operator and technical-user training to customers
- Assist in the development of training materials. Training delivered will be a combination of in-person, virtual classroom and eLearning / docs. You will partner with subject matter experts to develop expertise and assist the training team in the development and continuous improvement of these materials.
- Leverage your product knowledge and customer/employee interaction to identify potential product capabilities and gaps that dramatically simplify product implementation and usage. Work with Product Managers directly to improve the product based on your insights.
- Assist in the development of training kits and Train the Trainer programs to aid others who provide customer end-user training.
- You are extremely bright and love to learn. All your friends and co-workers marvel about how easily you master new concepts. You have proven success in the ability to transfer your knowledge that is both technical and business focused. You are passionate about learning new technologies and sharing your knowledge with others through teaching.
- You possess a wide breadth of technical knowledge, with an eagerness to learn new technologies including:
- Knowledge of database and big data concepts and strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS and/or Azure) and IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts is an asset
- You possess excellent oral communication, presentation and written skills along with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. You are extremely personable and have a presence in front of people. A background in education would be helpful, but not a prerequisite
- You are flexible and read your audience. You adjust course content and discussion level on-the-fly based on the aptitude of the student.
- You apply a variety of training concepts and principles along with your knowledge of adult learning
- You are agile and a fast learner. The product changes fast! You are quick to learn new concepts and develop ways to teach the material including teaching concepts and building out labs. You act with urgency to produce results quickly with an iterative approach to improvement.
- You are collaborative and a team player
- You have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated, self-directed and driven.
- You creatively problem solve on the spot. You will be constantly bombarded with questions during your classes, so you need to be able to come up with creative solutions on the fly. You manage groups well, and instinctively know when to answer a question in class, and when to take it offline to keep the class on-track
- You are extremely customer-focused and motivated to help our internal and external customers succeed by helping them understand how our product works and how to implement it effectively. You understand that at the end of the day, you are here to help drive customer adoption by focusing on customer success, driving implementation velocity and best-practices, and building product champions.
- You have an ownership mindset. You are a builder, not an operator. Training is in its early stages and product change is fast and furious
- You have leadership qualities that allow you to think strategically combined with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and deliver
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in related technologies in a customer-facing role. Training experience is preferred but not required
- Experience in enterprise b2b software a distinct plus
- Experience with (informal) curriculum development is an asset
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25%)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
KNOW your customers, use insight to DECIDE how best to engage them, and SERVE them personalized interactions every time