Senior UX Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Amperity, we take pride in driving to be not just the number one CDP, but also the CDP with the best user experience. The product design team partners with product managers and developers at Amperity to ensure the design and development of a user experience that brings our users joy. This role reports to the head of product design and is open to Seattle-based or remote designers.
- Work as a trusted member of a supportive and caring team that delivers great designs.
- Move projects forward as the lead designer on projects, helping PMs balance long-term strategy and the short-term tactics to land on the right design for our users right now.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and their goals, with a focus on advanced analytics users.
- Help refine and move adoption of our design standards, patterns, and UI components.
- Contribute with feedback on other designers’ projects. You will be the third member of a small but mighty design team and each of our designs will be stronger through each other’s input.
- Have the opportunity to directly implement UX improvements through lightweight UI coding, contributing to our component library and committing tweaks to improve the user experience.
- You have 4+ years of experience designing features for web-based applications from concept, and have a portfolio of web design samples to show your work.
- You have strong user empathy. You see yourself as a user advocate and want to deeply understand your users’ needs. You’re hungry for data on user behavior and love talking to users, hearing their feedback, and adjusting your approach.
- You have a good balance between confidence in your design choices and ability to seek others’ ideas, added context, and feedback to iterate collaboratively.
- Your designs are well-reasoned and you’re able to clearly communicate the whys behind your design choices as well the details of how interactions should work to product managers and developers.
- You have a strong attention to detail and drive towards consistency.
- You have some familiarity with HTML and CSS and interest in building components to improve both the user and developer experience.
- You desire to work in a fast changing, dynamic startup environment. You eat ambiguous projects for breakfast and turn them into intuitive user experiences.
- You are a self-starter and finisher.
Exceptional candidates may also have:
- Familiarity and interest in SQL, Tableau, and BI tools (things our users leverage heavily).
- Excited about data visualizations and when and how to use data visualizations.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Figma, Zeplin, Storybook, and/or component libraries.
- A background in SaaS, CDP, and/or web-based marketing tools.
- 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with engineering teams and related tools (e.g., git, docker).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
KNOW your customers, use insight to DECIDE how best to engage them, and SERVE them personalized interactions every time