DevOps/SR Engineer (Systems)
As a senior member of the Management Information System team, you will play a leading role in the operations, maintenance and deployment Fortinet datacenters across the regions, focusing on continuous improvement - always be looking for improvement, automation, and optimization opportunities.
This position would represent a great fit for OpenStack specialists or IT professionals with a combination of virtualization, monitoring, software development and/or Kubernetes experience.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems, both individually and as part of the broader team, and control the progress until the closure of the cases
- Ability to work with the team but also proactively take independent decisions in line with the procedural processes and actively improve knowledge base
- Monitor and review dashboards, logs, and critical alerts to ensure system issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as quickly as possible
- Provide ongoing operational support and work closely with team members on issue resolution
- Manage and administer incident, problem, and service request queues
- Develop and maintain system use guides, run books, and other documentation as needed
- Evaluate and determine opportunities for automation and implementation
- Change management, perform changes, upgrades, apply security patches
- Build/Share procedures in our Wiki, build share scripts in our repos
- Manage support tickets with providers
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in production platform operation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, GitOps, CI/CD, Docker, etc.
- Very good knowledge of server virtualization (KVM, VMware, etc.)
- Very good knowledge in Linux based systems (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Very Good knowledge in network, server and system monitoring (Zabbix, Nagios, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Ansible, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of change management process
- Excellent ability to organize, multitask, work individually and in a team
- All positions require strong oral and written communication skills. All positions also require good knowledge of English (written and spoken) to provide full information as well as to document tasks, processes, areas of responsibility for configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance
Nice to have:
- Certification in RHCE
- Certification in VMware
- Certification in ITIL
- Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes administration
- Knowledge of Ansible, Puppet, Terraform scripts
- Knowledge in ArgoCD, Jenkins, GitLab
- Orchestration (Salt/Concourse) experience is a plus
- Knowledge of software defined storage and network
- Previous experience with Fortinet products is an advantage
- Experience in Auditing and compliance practice
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. With offices in EMEA, we are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global Leader of Cyber Security Solutions and Services.