Sr. Events Manager
We are looking for an experienced, professional, Senior Event Manager to support the strategy and execution of key partner and customer trade shows and events. This high-visibility role enables you to collaborate with all levels and groups across the organization, while also being hands-on in bringing every event, whether virtual, in-person or a combination of both, to life.
What you'll bring
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in event and trade show management
- A keen eye for building events that engage, instruct and delight
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in virtual event management
- Deep understanding of, and experience building complex registration processes using event management platforms
- Proven expertise in leading complex, multi-audience events, often with several (virtual) locations over multiple days
- Ability to work collaboratively and act independently
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving and an ability to glean insights, develop a vision and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Creative strategies for generating actionable leads at key trade shows
- Comfortable attitude developing and managing timelines, budgets, briefs, project plans, etc.
- Understanding of the key drivers of successful event execution in digital, physical, and hybrid mediums including broadcast experience
- Ability to demonstrate how events align with and make an impact on Fortinet’s key business drivers
- Experience using the latest event technologies, including streaming platforms, registration and participant management platforms, agenda management tools, recording and editing tools, event promotion tools, project and resource management tools, and tools for live event engagement (polls, Q&As, etc.).
- Polished skills to work in a highly matrixed environment and influence outcomes at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm to thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources, and cross-functional dependencies
- Fanatic excitement for all things events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Approximately 40% travel (post-pandemic)
How you will succeed
- Drive innovative, data-driven event experiences in the new world (post-pandemic) of events (trade show, conferences and virtual)
- Design creative and inspired event experiences that impress and engage our audiences, including concept, vision, communication strategies that leads to registration, event tech, logistics, and budgeting
- Develop and foster stakeholder trust by initiating and nurturing strong cross-functional partnerships
- Deploy proven strategies for best-in-class event design, whether in-person, virtual or hybrid
- Deliver flawless implementation of event operations with teammates, partners, and stakeholders
- Direct resources to deliver against competing event schedules. Identify and problem solve resourcing risks.
- Develop and own relationships with internal stakeholders, agencies, and vendors to ensure best-in-class work is consistently delivered.
- Demonstrate measurable business impact based on the goals outlined for each experience.
- Decipher post-event analytics and data into recommendations for best practices.
- Stay ahead of the latest experiential innovations in the industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for Senior Event Manager, with proven skills for keeping engagement levels high in a fast-paced environment, and driving results through collaboration, resourcefulness, and teamwork. A successful candidate will have comfort with ambiguity, strong conceptual thinking, interpersonal and organizational skills, excellent written communication skills, and a demonstrated work ethic. The role requires a strong ability to drive outcomes and to cultivate differences by welcoming diverse perspectives and solutions. This position will work on confidential and sensitive projects, requiring discretion and good judgment.
What it takes:
- A strong people person who can inspire teams.
- Significant experience with event planning (minimum of 10 years), including trade shows, conferences, and online/virtual events.
- Works well with all levels, from wait staff to executives.
- Able to conceptualize the experience of an event and then bring it to life
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global Leader of Cyber Security Solutions and Services.