Backend Software Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal Checkout API Team Serves $100+B in payment volumes across 200+ countries. We are creating a world where ‘payments’ is synonymous with PayPal. The PayPal Platform is a suite of web services, which are used by internal and external developers to enable payments anytime, anywhere and anyway. The Platform processes billions of requests each month, and enables PayPal and its partners to rapidly innovate on new payment scenarios and enable new experiences. Therefore, the evolution of the Platform is integral to PayPal’s long-term strategy. As an engineer in our development team you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the web services supporting PayPal APIs and user experiences on various channels (web, mobile, etc.), as well as integrations with partners. You will work closely with product and experience and/or integration teams to understand the developer needs and deliver the APIs that meets their needs.
Experience in developing software for distributed systems with high performance, scalability and availability
Own and drive development and delivery of features in the API
Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team
Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results
- Minimum 4+ years software development experience (2+ for MS)
- BS in Computer Science or related degree required.
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and available web services using J2EE and frameworks such as RestEasy, Spring, Apache CXF and Jersey
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns, and programming skills
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering software and/or platforms used by other developers,
- Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages, especially Java.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.