Software Engineer - University Graduate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world? The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
Software Engineers at PayPal develop innovative solutions and high-quality products that touch millions of people every day around the globe. Our engineers solve some of the most complex technical problems in the world of connected payments across all business units, including PayPal, Braintree, Venmo, Paydiant and others. We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You’ll work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. We have opportunities in a wide range of areas including development, design, search, platform, test, quality, big data, front end and back end. As a core participant of your team, you’ll estimate engineering efforts, design your changes, implement and test your changes, push to live, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop distributed systems powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments websites at a scale only a few companies can match.
- Code high-volume and scalable software
- Create web applications using React/Node and other technologies
- Create back end services using Java, SQL, ReST
- Build and develop new user facing experiences
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in design, product and other business units
- Graduated within the past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2021, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
- Familiarity with Node.js applications
- Familiarity with Java, C++ and/or Python
- Understanding around concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
Position Location: Varies
Your application has been successfully submitted.