Software Engineer, Fullstack (Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Meeting your future team:
The Software Engineering team at Collibra is a team of builders around the world, characterized by a love for innovative technology, a desire to solve problems, and a never-ending goal to build simple, elegant products that delight customers and simplify all levels of data engagement. Guided by Agile principles, the software engineering team leads with confidence, knowing today’s problems requires tomorrow’s solutions. Collibra’s Software Engineering Team is evolutionary by nature, and as part of a multi-product cloud company, our latest evolution is building opportunities for engineers to rotate product groups and work on new products throughout their tenure. If you’re interested in solving complex problems, working with multicultural teams, and embracing and driving change: the software engineering team is the team for you.
Software Engineers at Collibra are responsible for:
- Designing, developing and maintaining new features to further improve our products
- Conducting peer programming and code review over Bitbucket
- Involving Software Architects in technical decisions taken for our projects
- Discussing technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary
- Following the software development process using Jira and Bitbucket
- Helping define product strategy with Product Managers
- Following agile process (Scrum) to make sure your deliverables are visible for the entire team and company stakeholders
- Working closely with:
- Product Managers to prepare user stories and roadmap for the team
- Engineers and QAs to deliver a high-quality product
- UX to have a visually appealing and easy-to-use product
- 4+ years experience with building large, scalable web applications
- Experience working with relational databases (preferably PostgresQL).
- Experience with data science programming concepts and languages (preferably Scala)
- Skilled in any of the following: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, graph databases, big data stacks, database model optimization are a huge plus!
- Passionate for quality, good design and clean code
- Willing to share knowledge and continue learning
- Agile in mindset and a capable problem-solver in the face of challenge
- Broadly interested in technology and the capability to adapt to new technologies
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Breaking down traditional data silos, one barrier at a time. Join us for the data revolution by becoming a #datacitizen.