Software Engineer, Backend (Remote Canada)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Meeting your future team
The Software Engineering team at Collibra is a team of builders around the world, characterized by a love for innovative technology, a desire to solve problems, and a never-ending goal to build simple, elegant products that delight customers and simplify all levels of data engagement. Guided by Agile principles, the software engineering team leads with confidence, knowing today’s problems requires tomorrow’s solutions. Collibra’s Software Engineering Team is evolutionary by nature, and as part of a multi-product cloud company, our latest evolution is building opportunities for engineers to rotate product groups and work on new products throughout their tenure. If you’re interested in solving complex problems, working with multicultural teams, and embracing and driving change: the software engineering team is the team for you.
Software Engineers at Collibra are responsible for:
- Developing high quality code, including participating in testing and maintenance of that code
- Applying pragmatic engineering approaches to deliver value to customers
- Focusing on improving your skills and contributions to the team.
- Being seen as an efficient and productive contributor of quality code
- Learning from more experienced Engineers to help grow your skills and impact
- At least 3 years of experience developing in Java
- Experience with SQL, Database Query Tuning, and Scalable Data Processing Platforms like Hadoop
- Experience writing SaaS software and deploying into a cloud environment
- Agile-minded, optimistic, passionate, and pragmatic about delivering valuable software to customers
- Someone who puts quality first and has a passion for learning how to improve your skills and become a critical member of the team
- Familiar with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Able to work productively with a geographically distributed remote team
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Breaking down traditional data silos, one barrier at a time. Join us for the data revolution by becoming a #datacitizen.