Senior Backend Engineer, Search (Remote US)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Meeting your future team:
Joining Collibra’s Shop4Data team:
- You are embarking on a journey that will transform how business analysts find, trust, access, and analyze the data they need to make smart business decisions.
- You will work on Elastic Search as an underlying technology to help Data Citizens find and access, with privacy and security designed in, relevant data sets, orders of magnitude faster than they have been able to traditionally.
- You’ll be a part of a quickly growing and talented team of engineers tasked with this important work using Agile methodologies.
Senior Backend Engineers at Collibra are responsible for:
- Collaborating with Product Management, Design, Architecture, and other Engineers to help estimate work, design scalable and performant solutions that will delight our customers, and produce high quality production-grade software.
- Being seen as a leading engineer who focuses and aligns on the team objectives
- Mentoring other Engineers leveraging your experience and knowledge
- Developing high quality code, including participating in testing and maintenance of that code
- Ensuring the team embraces pragmatic engineering approaches to deliver value to customers
- At least 6 years of experience developing in Java and 8+ years programming
- Experience working with ElasticSearch (or a comparable technology like SOLR)
- Experience with SQL and Database Query Tuning
- Experience writing SaaS software and deploying into a cloud environment
- Experience mentoring other engineers and being the lead engineer of projects in your career
- Agile-minded, optimistic, passionate, and pragmatic about delivering valuable software to customers
- Someone who contributes as a Senior Engineer to the team putting quality first and sharing passion for good design and clean code
- Familiar with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Able to work remotely with a geographically distributed team
- Able to confidently, kindly, and clearly communicate with other people including technical and non-technical peers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Breaking down traditional data silos, one barrier at a time. Join us for the data revolution by becoming a #datacitizen.