DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT, TRUST & SAFETY (Remote USA)
What you'll be doing
- Guide the product philosophy, vision, and strategy for products and features that make Discord the safest platform for people to find community and belonging.
- Attract, build, manage, and develop a team of talented product managers to deliver on both fundamental and novel approaches to user & platform Safety.
- Manage multiple products and priorities, scale teams, and ensure your org is effective, healthy and set up for success by establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Lead a cross-functional organization of engineers, designers, and data scientists to build robust systems, tools and products.
- Partner with other product teams across our organization, such as Communities, Growth, Creators, and Premium Products.
- Empathize, engage and cultivate relationships with our users to deeply understand their needs.
What you should have
- Passionate about Discord and about keeping users safe from abuse (including spam)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments, excited about finding solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- 10+ years of experience building and shipping great software, including responsibilities driving prioritization, trade-offs, and timelines.
- 6+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior product leaders.
- 6+ years of experience focused on platforms (consumer, communications, or social)
- Proven track record of achieving impact through empowering customers with innovative solutions**.**
- Proven ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to set strategic goals.
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers and managers.
- Strong product sense and pride in understanding your customers.
- Subject matter expertise in Trust & Safety (and/or related areas such as Spam, Abuse, or Integrity) to lead our product area & drive alignment with engineering, data science, design, and XFN stakeholders.
- Experience building and growing social and/or online communication products.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience building consumer applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.