DATA SCIENCE MANAGER, MACHINE LEARNING & CAUSAL INFERENCE
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and own the roadmap & prioritization for predictive modeling and causal inference to understand user dynamics on the platform
- Mentor and guide the team to use state-of-the-art machine learning and causal inference techniques to provide a deeper understanding of the product, users, and communities.
- Influence our experimentation platform decisions, best practices, and experimentation accuracy
- Inform the direction of our ML & CI tech stack through collaboration with our Data Platform team
- As a member of our Data leadership team, inform architectural decisions, establish best practices, develop lean scalable processes, and contribute to the overall direction of the Data organization at Discord!
You Will Thrive In This Role If
- 3+ year of people management experience in ML & CI domains; track record of leading successful teams in a cross-functional & collaborative environment
- PhD in quantitative field and 6+ years of experience in using ML and/or CI techniques to make an impact on vague and challenging business problems.
- 4+ years of industry experience in developing, productionizing, and maintaining applied machine learning models for internal use cases (i.e. low SLA, batch models)
- Expertise in the following domains: linear models, neural networks, tree-based models, and unsupervised learning
- Proficiency with Python and SQL
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex findings and technical approaches to a variety of audiences.
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and a healthy dose of natural curiosity!
- Experience in experimentation on social media or other consumer products with network effects (eg. cluster based testing)
- Interest in conducting literature reviews, translating and championing best scientific practices to a wide range of functions across the company.
- Experience writing technical articles related to machine learning & causal inference.
- Experience with R.
- Passion for Discord or online communities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.